Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Reports to: Station Manager
Benefits: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off
About the role: At GRCMC, this role requires a collaborative, innovative, and energetic individual to work alongside WYCE Station Manager at our 10,000-watt community radio station serving West Michigan. This position requires someone who can initiate innovative collaborations, lead a large team of volunteers, possess a passion for working collaboratively within this community, and perform as a genuine, engaged team member of GRCMC.
● Works under the supervision of the WYCE Station Manager to fulfill underwriting agreements and promote WYCE, venue sponsored events, and in house Grand Rapids Community Media Center info.
● Creates, updates, and maintains website content for www.wyce.org in collaboration with the overall GRCMC Communications Plan.
● Instrumental in shaping and monitoring station programming along-side WYCE Station manager, maximizing effective use of the 70+ volunteer programmers. This includes training volunteers in various areas of radio broadcasting including programming, Shift Editor and FCC compliance.
● Keep all programmers informed of all events and marketing, web, and social media content development, etc.
● Scheduling, developing, creating, producing, and editing, on-air announcements, promos, PSAs, concert and events calendars, performances, podcasts, etc.
● Provides underwriting assistance including creating/editing copy and managing underwriting inventory.
● Assist Station Manager in the operations of quarterly WYCE Fund Drives and annual events such as The Jammies and Bubble Bash.
● Ensures programming schedule is set for each day including but not limited to overnights, underwriting spots, PSAs and maintaining playlist accuracy.
● Manage station clerical needs including, but not limited to, mailings, ticket giveaways, incentives, eblasts, and social media, in conjunction with the overall GRCMC Communications Plan.
● Work as part of the WYCE team to serve as a public face of WYCE, involved with station promotion projects on air, web and print as well as events outside the station.
● Work with HR & Operations Director to review the WYCE Programmers Handbook annually and update as needed.
● Keep the Operational Programmers Binder current with updated information on phone lists, Information and fact sheets, FCC information, Emergency Broadcast System, etc. WYCE Operations & Traffic Manager
Qualifications and Skills:
● Minimum 1-3 years of radio experience
● Audio and broadcast technology experience and aptitude is desired
● Detail oriented and organized
● Leadership skills and self-motivated
● Strong communications and writing skills
● Strong training skills
● Team-oriented with a strong ability to collaborate, empower and support fellow employees and volunteers in a fast-paced mission-driven nonprofit organization
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Interested parties should submit a resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “WYCE Operation & Traffic Manager” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. Resumes will be accepted until 2/13/23 at 5:00 pm