Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Reports to: Executive Director
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off
About the role: GRCMC is looking for someone to work closely with the Executive Director with fund development, which includes but not limited to maintaining donor relations, coordinating appeals and following through with GRCMC fund development strategies. The Development coordinator will also assist department leaders in developing and managing the fundraising aspects involved with all GRCMC events.
- Establish a realistic budget for events and account for anticipated fundraising outcomes
- Work with department leaders to promote fundraising events via digital marketing outreach and social media
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship for GRCMC fundraising events
- Assists in helping management in the development of fundraising goals and works to achieve and surpass these goals
- Work directly with the Executive Director and the management team to manage funding project workflow and oversee day to day milestones
- Work with Executive Director to develop strategic goals and objectives for annual fundraising efforts
- Ensure that development plans, goals and policies are consistent with established organizational mission, vision and goals and objectives
- Solicit funds and pledges
- Manage internal database and communications related to memberships, donations, and sustaining donors.
- Assist with creation and implementation of communication workflows for fundraising campaigns and acknowledgements of donations.
- Attend education workshops and participate in professional societies
Qualification and Skills Required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in non-profit development
- Knowledge of development resources required
- Excellent verbal and written communication kills
- Ability to work effectively with Board members and staff
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Foster positive relationships with current and potential business partners
- Work closely with social media department to establish plans for marketing events and programs
- Ability to work well with a team to promote company initiatives
- 1-3 years’ experience working in fundraising or projects effectively
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Interested parties should submit a resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. Resumes will be accepted until 2/13/23 at 5:00 pm.