Location: Grand Rapids
Status: 40 hr/week + Benefits
Reports to:GRTV Station Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
About us: Grand Rapids Community Media Center (GRCMC) is a nonprofit media organization dedicated to building community through media by providing avenues for self-expression and uniting diverse points of views. GRCMC programming includes public-access television stations GRTV and LiveWire, community radio station 88.1FM WYCE, community venue Wealthy Theatre, Web Development Services for nonprofits, and the local online news platform The Rapidian.
About the role: We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Community Education Coordinator. The Community Education Coordinator plans and conducts classes and workshops and communicates learning materials and activities to meet CMC goals based on community needs. The position also establishes and maintains trusted relationships with educational partners in the community at all levels including preschool, k-12 organizations, colleges and universities, and education non-profit organizations in Grand Rapids.
- Build and maintain curricula for media production classes
- Coordinate with GRCMC staff to teach and market classes
- Recommend, organize, and conduct training workshops
- Maintain and develop collaborative relationships with local community organizations through consistent contact and conversations
- Conduct needs assessments of assigned neighborhoods and communitiesto understand the assets and challenges faced by residents and to prioritize their educational needs
- Keep accurate records of all activities and related data
- Complete quarterly and annual interim narrative reports
- Identify partners to work with GRTV in addressing neighborhood educational needs
- Foster opportunities to strengthen GRTV’s education presence in the community through meetings, publications, and email communications, including publishing stories of success in the form of video, blog posts and other shareable media.
- Curate content for regular education newsletters
- Share content on CMC platforms, at festivals, and with other community partners
- A deep understanding of media and communication concepts
- An ability to work with and teach a diverse array of students
- An understanding of DEI concepts in an educational and workplace setting
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships; ability to establish rapport and trust with a wide range of people
- Ability to communicate with educators, parents, and children
- Commitment to quality programs and data driven program evaluation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- An ability to troubleshoot technologies such as tablets, computers, smart boards, etc.
- Persistence and follow through in coordinating meetings with partners
- An ability to be highly self-directed and self-motivated in carrying out assignments and consistently reporting results back to the supervisor.
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Interested parties should submit a resume, reel/work-examples, and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Education Coordinator” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.