Grand Rapids Community Media Center (CMC) is seeking an Operations & Traffic Manager for listener supported, volunteer programmed, independent community radio station 88.1 FM WYCE.
WYCE offers an eclectic music format, and also serves the local nonprofit and arts community. This role requires a collaborative, innovative and energetic individual to work along-side the WYCE Station Manager
In addition to being a welcoming and engaging part of CMC’s radio station WYCE, the Operations & Traffic Manager will need an ability to initiate innovative collaborations, lead a large team of passionate volunteers, and possess the organizational skills to ensure accuracy and compliance to maintain this community resource. The successful Operations & Traffic Manager needs to possess a passion for working collaboratively within this community and perform as a genuine and engaged team member with leaders in CMC’s other media program platforms, including public access television GRTV, Wealthy Theatre, The Rapidian and Web Development and Video Services for nonprofits.
- Work as part of the WYCE team to monitor technical operations and ensure legal compliance in all station matters, including FCC regulations, copyright and licensing matters, etc.
- Works under the supervision of the WYCE Station Manager and WYCE Music Manager for social media marketing and to fulfill underwriting agreements and promote WYCE, venue sponsored events, and in house Grand Rapids Community Media Center info
- Creates, updates, and maintains website content for www.wyce.org
- Instrumental in shaping and monitoring station programming along-side WYCE Station Manager and WYCE Music Manager, and maximizing effective use of the 80+ volunteer programmers. This includes training volunteers in various areas of radio broadcasting including programming, FCC compliance, events and marketing, web and social media content development, etc.
- Develop systems and strategies for station’s programming tools and technology alongside WYCE Station Manager
- Scheduling, developing, creating, producing, and editing, on-air announcements, promos, PSAs, concert and events calendars, performances, podcasts, etc.
- Provides underwriting assistance including creating/editing copy, underwriting inventory, and provides underwriting leads for Station Manager
- Ensures programming is set for each day including, but not limited to, overnights, underwriting spots, PSAs and maintaining playlist accuracy
- Manage station clerical needs including, but not limited to, mailings, ticket giveaways, and newsletter
- Provides support during regular fund drives which includes training volunteers who are on-air, on computers, and on phones and organizing incentives
- Work alongside Music & Production Manager to schedule and maintain in-studio performances
- Work as part of the WYCE team to serve as a public face of WYCE, involved with station promotion projects on air, web and print as well as events outside the station
- Radio experience preferred
- Audio and broadcast technology experience and aptitude is desired
- Detail oriented and organized
- Leadership skills and self-motivated
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Strong training skills
- Team-oriented with a strong ability to collaborate, empower and support fellow employees and volunteers in a fast-paced mission-driven nonprofit organization
This is a fulltime position. Salary DOQ. Health, dental, vacation benefits.
Interested parties should submit a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “WYCE Operations & Traffic Manager” in the subject line.