Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 25-30 hours per week, No Benefits.
About us: Grand Rapids Community Media Center (GRCMC)is a nonprofit media organization, dedicated to building community through media providing avenues for self-expression, and uniting diverse points of view. GRCMC programming includes public-access television stations GRTV and LiveWire, community radio station 88.1FM WYCE, community venue Wealthy Theatre, Web Development Services for nonprofits, and the local online news platform The Rapidian.
About the role: GRCMC is seeking a conscientious, community-minded,and detail-oriented individual to serve as Finance Manager. The position ensures compliance with all budgetary processes, accreditation standards, and contractual fiscal requirements. The Finance Manager provides oversight to the Center’s revenue structure ensuring fiscal procedures and systems are in place and in compliance with the company and funding entities.
- General financial oversight of the multi-program nonprofit
- Regular Financial duties include:
- Accounts Payable /Accounts receivable –invoicing, bill payment, follow-up, verifying appropriate approvals and allocations
- Banking -deposits, reconciliations
- Maintaining all necessary records
- Creating various financial reports
- Providing information to the external auditor for annual financial statement
- Payroll reporting
- Performing required nonprofit reporting and compliance procedures and filings
- Providing nonprofit operations oversight support
- Working as an integral part of the organizational management team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent combination of education and experience, in nonprofit management with an emphasis on financial accountability
- Mastery of current software programs, with high proficiency in QuickBooks In nonprofit management with an emphasis on financial accountability
- Demonstrated ability to support collaborative relationships
- Experience in working with varied organizations and communities, including connections to local organizations and projects
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to Understand and ensure necessary regulatory compliances
- Writing and editing skills
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Manager” in the subject line, or mail it to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.