Theatre Operations / Event Staff
Wealthy Theatre, a proud service of Grand Rapids Community Media Center (CMC), is seeking a passionate arts & community-minded individual to join our team in the role of: Theatre Operations / Event Staff.
CMC is a nonprofit media organization which includes public-access television station GRTV, community radio station 88.1FM WYCE, community venue Wealthy Theatre, Web Development & Video Production Services for nonprofits, and hyper-local citizen journalism platform The Rapidian.
Wealthy Theatre is a historic theater operating as a community-use performing arts center. Hosting a wide range of events, such as: film screenings, concerts, comedy, plays, musicals, community gatherings, private events, and virtual programming. Built in 1911, WT has a rich history and stands today as an accessible & flexible platform/space for all communities and backgrounds.
- Working with the Wealthy Theatre team that includes: Front of House Manager, Event Coordinator, WT Tech, WT Director, & WT volunteers.
- Event duties may vary day to day - working Front of House one night, or basic Tech Booth operations the next.
- Front of House responsibilities may include: Box Office (selling tickets & welcoming guests), or setting up & running concessions.
- Tech Booth responsibilities may include: basic lights, sound, or basic projector operation.
- Provide oversight and serve as WT respresentative - opening/closing of building, serving as client contact, ensuring a smooth event for guests, artists, clients, and volunteers.
- Upkeep of venue & facilities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Helping maintain a welcoming environment for all guests of Wealthy Theatre.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Customer service skills.
- Background in live events.
- Familiarity with live event tech operations a plus.
- Social media skills also a plus.
- Experience & openness to work with a wide & diverse range of individuals & communities.
- Team-player eager to help where needed.
- Familiarity with local arts, creative, NPO, & cultural communities in West Michigan a plus.
This is a part-time position – estimated 20 hours per week, with more hours expected during busy seasons/weeks. Evening and weekend availability (including Sundays) required. Pay rate DOQ. Perks include free popcorn, free CMC membership, exposure to a wide variety of events and local groups/organizations, an opportunity to help grow and shape the future of a busy & thriving community venue for the arts in Grand Rapids.
CMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Interested parties should submit a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “WT Theatre Operations” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.