Wealthy Theatre, a part of Grand Rapids Community Media Center (CMC), a nonprofit 501c3 organization, is seeking an engaging, arts and community minded individual to serve as an Event Coordinator for Wealthy Theatre.
CMC is a nonprofit media organization which includes public-access television stations GRTV and LiveWire, community radio station 88.1FM WYCE, community venue Wealthy Theatre, Web Development Services for nonprofits and the local online news platform The Rapidian.
- Planning event details and coordinating usage of Wealthy Theatre and associated venues
- Creating reliable financial reports and collecting payments on time
- Managing the Wealthy Theatre front office during set weekly hours to include taking calls, responding to e-mails and managing walk up traffic.
- Assist in running events with the Theatre Director or Front of House Manager
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events that take place at Wealthy Theatre and other associated venues
- Working as an integral part of the small staff that manages Wealthy Theatre
- Provide oversight on events as the Wealthy Theatre representative to include handling financial transactions, balancing a till at the end of the event, resolve ticketing problems, some simple theatrical tech and being a client liaison
- Providing and maintaining accurate records for clients to include contracts and financial detail follow up
- Strong communications skills. Able to articulate ideas easily, express self fluidly and capture others’ ideas even more easily.
- Demonstrated ability to support collaborative relationships
- Experience in working with varied organizations and communities, including connections to local organizations and projects
- High level of attention to detail
- Writing and editing skills
- Understanding of using social media as a promotion platform a plus
- Background in live events preferred
This is a full time position. Nights and weekend availability is required. Pay rate DOQ.
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Interested parties should submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com with “Wealthy Theatre Event Coordinator” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.