Company Name: Grand Rapids Community Media Center
Job Title: Web Developer
Reports To: IT Director
Grand Rapids Community Media Center (CMC) is seeking a Web Developer as part of our IT Services team. CMC is a nonprofit media organization which includes community radio station 88.1FM WYCE, community theatre Wealthy Theatre, public-access television stations GRTV and LiveWire, and the local online news platform The Rapidian.
The Web Developer will be involved in design, development, and support of web applications for Grand Rapids Community Media Center.
This is a part-time, hourly position, promoting professional growth and with the potential for advancement. CMC offers a relaxed learning environment where the candidate can grow into the position, strengthen skills utilized, and build relationships within Grand Rapids’ nonprofit community.
The ideal candidate will have a sincere enthusiasm for being part of Community Media Center’s mission to “Build Community Through Media,” and a dedicated interest in serving local nonprofits and the Grand Rapids community at large.
- Available to work 20-30 hours/week within an established work schedule that can be flexible to accommodate the employee
- Eagerness and ability to learn and apply new knowledge and techniques
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and in a group with minimum supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and strong customer service skills
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong understanding of PHP, MySQL, HTML,CSS, and JS.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with relational database design and implementation
- Experience with a MVC framework like Laravel.
- Experience with JS frameworks like Vue.js
- Experience with SASS/SCSS and responsive frameworks like TailwindCSS or Bootstrap
- Experience with version control with Git
- Ability diagnose and fix bug issues
- Aptitude for standardize practices and systems, and developing systems documentation
Additional Job Information:
- Our web development team works specifically with Non Profit clients. You would be working in a relaxed setting with a small team of developers using current development frameworks
- A learning and creative work environment
- The job site for the Web Developer position is at Grand Rapids Community Media Center main location at 711 Bridge St. NW, located just west of downtown.
- Compensation for this Junior/Entry level part time position starts at $15 per hour, depending on skill set, along with work schedule flexibility and growth opportunities
Interested parties can submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.