Grand Rapids Community Media Center’s radio station 88.1FM WYCE is seeking to fill the position of Radio Operations & Programming Manager. This role coordinates all details for the Community radio station’s programming and sound, guides and coordinates on-air and community volunteers, and is responsible in overseeing relationships with community partners.
This is a fulltime / 40 hours per week position with benefits, with occasional evening and weekends responsibilities.
- Instrumental in shaping and monitoring station programming, formulating strategy for the station, and maximizing effective use of the 80+ volunteer programmers
- Maintain on-air schedule and oversee substitute programmer shifts
- Develop and maintaining systems and strategies for station’s programming tools and technology
- Scheduling, developing, creating, producing, and editing, on-air announcements, promos, underwriting, concert and events calendars, performances, podcasts, etc.
- Oversee training of volunteer programmers and manage training tools
- Involved with station promotion projects on air, web and print as well as events outside the station
- Manage station clerical needs including, but not limited to, mailings, ticket giveaways, newsletter and social media
- Assist Station Manager with station underwriting accounts
- Work alongside Music & Production Manager to schedule and maintain in-studio performances
- Work as part of the WYCE team to serve as the public face of WYCE on air, on camera and as emcee for public events
- Work as part of the WYCE team to monitor technical operations and insure legal compliance in all station matters, including FCC regulations, copyright and licensing matters, etc.
- Oversee and implement social media strategies for WYCE
- Provide support for live in studio performances (audio, video, etc.)
- Radio experience preferred
- Audio and broadcast technology experience and aptitude is desired
- Detail oriented and organized
- Leadership skills and self-motivated
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Strong training skills
- Team-oriented with a strong ability to collaborate, empower and support fellow employees and volunteers in a fast-paced mission-driven nonprofit organization
Reports to: Radio Station Manager
Interested parties should submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com with “WYCE Job Position” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.
Applications accepted through Monday, Oct. 14.
Grand Rapids Community Media Center, a nonprofit 501c3, is an equal-opportunity employer.