Grand Rapids Community Media Center, a nonprofit 501c3, is seeking to fill a part-time receptionist /administrative support position.
GRCMC includes WYCE Community Radio, GRTV Public Access Television, Wealthy Theatre, citizen journalism project The Rapidian and education and technology services.
The part-time receptionist/admin support position is a shared position, with work hours falling between Public Hours of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10-9 p.m., and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays 10 a.m.-6 p.m., at Community Media Center’s 711 Bridge Street location. This position is for approximately 20 hours per week.
- Welcoming and directing visitors
- Answering inquiries -- in person, by telephone and by email
- Performing minor financial transactions from the front desk
- Performing numerous computer data entry and data maintenance functions
- Assisting various departments with clerical and other support
- Processing mail, according to policy
- Maintaining a welcoming and pleasant public space, with general oversight of the CMC facility that includes opening and/or closing facility
- Bilingual skills are a plus, although not required
The ideal candidate will have a proficiency in current computer/software skills, give thorough attention to detail, be a friendly and welcoming presence, and will be a self-starter with a desire to be productive for the benefit of the organization and its constituents.
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Receptionist /Admin. Support Position
711 Bridge St. NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504