On the June 2018 episode of City Connection, Mayor Rosalynn Bliss is joined by Andy Guy, Chief Outcomes Officer for Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. to discuss the GR Forward plan.
This month's episode will discuss:
- The latest on GR Forward
- New Development along the Grand River
- Location change of Movies in the Park to "Movies on Monroe"
- events happening this summer
- the city's efforts to create its own supply of renewable natural gas with a new biodigester at the wastewater treatment facility
- the mayor's experience in bike to work day
- how DGRI works - renovation & the future of Calder Plaza
- increasing pedestrian & bicycle safety
- the mayor's thoughts on gerrymandering & the "voters not politicians" initiative
- affordable housing fund - a new parking structure at 50 Ottawa
- and more!
Every month, Mayor Bliss will be open to all questions sent in during or in anticipation of her live on-air show "City Connection." The mayor will respond to citizen questions submitted by calling in, emailing, tweeting or just posting a question in the comments. For over 18 years, the mayors of Grand Rapids have hosted City Connection, a monthly, live call-in show on GRTV’s Livewire, Comcast channel 24.
Mayor John Logie started the program in 1992 as a way to share mayoral perspective with Grand Rapidians and to bring a little more transparency to local government. City Connection is an opportunity to interact directly with one of our city’s top elected officials. City Connection is hosted by Linda Gellasch. Episode broadcast: Monday June 4th, 2018