Part-Time – 20 hours
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Status: part time
Salary: 12/hr.+ (eligible for pay raise after 30 days pending review)
Reports to: GRTV Station Manager
Hours: Wed. 12:00 pm – 8 pm, Fri. 12 pm – 8:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am -2:00 pm
About us: Grand Rapids Community Media Center (GRCMC) is a nonprofit media organization, dedicated to building community through media providing avenues for self-expression, uniting diverse points of views. GRCMC programing includes public-access television stations GRTV and LiveWire, community radio station 88.1FM WYCE, community venue Wealthy Theatre, Web Development Services for nonprofits, and the local online news platform The Rapidian.
About program: GRTV, a program of Grand Rapids Community Media Center (CMC), is a free-speech, non-commercial public access television station that provides the tools, training, and platform for community members to create their own television shows and media.
About the role: GRTV is seeking an enthusiastic, reliable, arts, and community minded individual to serve as a Community Liaison. The Community Liaison position serves as the point of contact for producers, members, clients, and the public reaching out to the GRCMC in person, by phone, and digitally. It also involves being a good ambassador for GRCMC and sharing our story on a variety of social media platforms.
- Answer questions about the Community Media Center and redirect when necessary
- Aid in membership, ticket, and item sales
- Process new memberships and update member contact information
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence
- Check frequently the levels of office supplies and recommend appropriate orders
- Ensure in person guests follow sign in and health protocol
- Undertake occasional receptionist duties
- Write and publish articles on CMC website
- Excellent Verbal and Writing Communication Skills
- High Degree of Multitasking
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Familiarity with MS Teams Environment
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Coordinating with Team Members
- Experience with Social Media Platforms and Marketing Strategies
GRCMC provides equal opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected status.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with “Community Liaison” in the subject line, or mail to 711 Bridge St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.