Grand Rapids’ Movies in the Park series returns to neighborhood parks throughout the summer!
Hosted by nonprofit Friends of Grand Rapids Parks (FGRP). All events will feature live entertainment and activities from community partners at 7pm, with movies beginning at dusk after 9pm.
Movies in the Parks are family-friendly, free, and open to the public. To inform this season’s movie schedule, FGRP garnered more than 500 responses through a community survey.
“Parks and green spaces are for all, and we hope that the Movies series helps the community feel a connection to these spaces and each other,” said Stephanie Adams, FGRP Executive Director.
The Movies in the Park schedule and featured movies are:
- Friday, June 18 at Martin Luther King Park | Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse
- Saturday, July 17 at Sullivan Field | A League of Their Own
- Saturday, July 31 at Roosevelt Park | Moana
- Saturday, Aug. 7th at Plaster Creek Family Park | Raya and the Last Dragon
- Saturday, Aug. 21 at Highland Park | Wonder Woman 1984
For pandemic-related safety, FGRP encourages attendees to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets, and snacks.
Wealthy Theatre & GRCMC will be powering the outdoor projection & sound presentation, in partnership with FGRP. More details about the series, including featured live music performers, are available on FGRP’s website.