CMC Education Services consists of a staff of film and video educators equipped with enough HD camcorders and MacBook computers for the whole class. Our instructors provide all the gear and expertise, and the students do all the work, and seldom is work so much fun.
The hands-on approach that is at the core of the project brings a very high degree of engagement to the learning process. Not only are students achieving the teacher's stated learning objectives and outcomes but, they are also learning new technology-based skill sets, critical thinking skills, sequential learning skills, and working as team members. You teach the subject, they write a script and we help them produce it. In essence, your students are “flipping” the classroom. The videos produced are uploaded to our CMCeducation YouTube channel and air on GRTV. Videos files are provided for teachers to use as they choose.
- Past school projects have included:
- Mini documentaries on endangered species and toxic waste, written, produced, and performed by seventh graders at Crestwood Middle School in Kentwood Michigan
- A 90 minute dramatization of the Paul Fleischer novel Bull Run by sixth graders at Vandenberg Creative Arts Academy of Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Student produced skits illustrating the 7 Core Democratic Values by fifth graders at Hall Elementary School
- A twenty-minute dramatization of the Iliad by eighth graders at St. Thomas the Apostle school in Grand Rapids
- And many public service announcements about a variety of topics.
Contact us to get more information about bringing this active learning to your class room